SCBWI Canada East Blog

February 20, 2012

10:59 AM 3
It's been a very mild winter this year with hardly any snow. I am not sure how it has been at your house, but at Casa Del Rizzo this is all I hear- " Mom, where is the snow? We'd LOOOOVE to go tobogganing!". LOL, it's no wonder that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this week's "Rough Monday" topic.
 I promise to create a fresh sketch next time, this week has been particularily hectic but I really wanted to take part. So, I  pulled this sketch from my winter promo sketch book. I can't wait to see what everybody else does! :)

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne, great "love" interpretation and the boy's face, lower left, tells it all as far as that thrill of speed:) Your kids would then LOVE to be here in Ottawa, where there is still enough snow for sledding and it has thawed, frozen, thawed, frozen, enough times to provide optimum speed!
    Of course, it also guarantee's a painful landing if one were to fall off the sled:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzanne, as you can see I didn't get to this one. Your illo is awesome! Love the faces! I think that's what my girls looked like this weekend. They went sledding for only the 2nd time this season :( . They would "LOVE" more snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christine and Chrissie,
    Yesterday would have been the perfect day to go sledding had we only been blessed with some snow, it was so sunny and only -1C. Oh well, they settled for a long walk and had a smashing time breaking the ice off of a humongous mud puddle...needless to say it was a bit of a "mud-fest" but they had fun.

    ReplyDelete