SCBWI Canada East Blog

May 16, 2012

2:23 PM 4
As I was posting this, I was reminded of that old joke:
Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana Who?
Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana Who?
Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange Who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana again?

Ha ha ha.

Anyway, I finally got a chance to color my Rough Monday sketch on Bananas. Here is Bish, the pigeon, with a very poor Halloween costume choice. :)


I am very busy with our new baby (I'm currently on a short paternity leave), but am hoping to do a little more art in the next few months, as I'm hoping to finish a picture book dummy this year. We'll see how optomistic that is! :D

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I really like what you did with the background. Adds visual interest without competing with the action.
    That's funny, that joke also came to mind as I did mine for banana week. :P http://thechildrensillustratorstudio.blogspot.ca/2012/02/rough-monday-orange-you-glad.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oops, of course you already mentioned that Jules *slaps forehead*. I blame the sleep deprivation! :D

    Thanks very much for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds thinking alike huh?:)
    Adrian, Bish is one of those characters you route for. A Pigeon with a good heart but bad timing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely... it keeps me looking... great sense of story in one image. Congrats on the new baby, thats the best thing I ever did.

    ReplyDelete