SCBWI Canada East Blog

February 8, 2013

2:11 PM 2
Top 28 Picture BooksBrrr! Hope everyone's staying warm on this chilly Friday!  Just another update with my New Year's resolution of being more involved with SCBWI and creating & sharing more art in 2013.

The plan to "Make Some Cool Every Day" and collect everything into a picture book for my newborn son at the end of the year is at 40 days and going strong.

For the month of February, I've shifted gears and decided to share my list of Top 28 Picture Books. Click on the images below for some of my written thoughts.

If you'd like to follow along, I have a Pinterest board, Flickr set, Tumblr account and Facebook set too!


#9 The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats  (MSCED #40) #8 Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel  (MSCED #39) #7 Olivia by Ian Falconer (MSCED #38) #6 Harold and the Purple Crayon (MSCED #37) #5 Where the Wild Things (MSCED #36) #4 Extra Yarn (MSCED #35) #3 Zen's Shorts (MSCED #34) #2 Lost and Found (MSCED #33) #1 The Giving Tree (MSCED #32)

2 comments:

  1. Hilary, your exhausting me!!!!! I can't believe the work your putting in and the results are fantastic. I tried to not cheat and instead guess at the books. I should have got "the snowy day" but didn't:( I did, however, get "Frog and Toad", "Olivia" of course, "Harold and the purple crayon", "where the wild things are", then I missed the last 4. I hadn't even heard of "extra yarn". Time for me to take a trip to the Children's Library and do some reading:)
    Are you considering, you must be, a pic book using only lego?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Christine! Happy to hear you get to experience "Extra Yarn" for the first time. It was hands down my favourite 2012 title and there were lots of great books last year!

    Yes, I am designing a personal picture book with 365 Lego photos for my son in December. Super excited!

    ReplyDelete