SCBWI Canada East Blog

April 2, 2013

12:21 PM 2
It sure doesn't feel like it outside but in the barns at the Experimental Farm Ottawa, Spring has sprung and produced a whole BUNCH of baby critters! My Daughter, 2 Granddaughters and I joined what seemed like a million other adults and children over the Easter weekend to check out bunnies, chicks, goats, piglets, Clydesdales and cows with and in calf.
For those that don't know Ottawa and the FARM that is smack dab in the middle of the City, it's 425 hectacres. Has 90 science, admin buildings, 100,000 crop plots and 2400 varieties of trees.


I so wanted to steal this little guy and take him home.


Only a few hours old, missed the birth, darn it. You can watch if you happen to be in the right place at the right time!


Ava loves piglets, so does Grandma!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, she's so sweet, and so are the piglets. I feel warm and fuzzy:-) I lived in Ottawa for 3 years and visit family regularly, yet I have never been to the Experimental Farm. Shame on me but now it's on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, you MUST go...:)
    One of the farmers working there saw us looking at a cow that was singled out in a pen. We thought she might be expecting. He came up and told us one of her stomaches (so weird they have more then one:) had twisted and the vet was coming in an hour to operate on it, untwist. He then said, if we wanted to stay around and watch the operation we could. That is was simple, cut, untwist, cow up and fine, hardly any blood. I was ALL FOR IT but we knew the children might not be so keen on the idea:) I don't go nearly enough myself. If it were not for grandchildren, I might never have had the excuse. I really plan on just going myself some time.

    As for pic number one, is Grandma glad she had her roots done or WHAT, before her daughter snapped that angle of photo!!!:)

    ReplyDelete