SCBWI Canada East Blog

September 6, 2014

11:08 PM 0
I'm not as active as I used to be in the picture book space, given some older audience books that I've been working on more recently (Fantasy YA, see www.adriancross.ca), but I've decided to shift gears a little and start a new picture book dummy, something I haven't done in a long time. It's for a PB story that I've been coming back to on and off for a couple of years and finally think I have found the tweak that makes me happy with it. Finally. :) It's about a little gorilla that gets big. Very big! I'm looking forward to it and may post the odd image from the process (either here or at www.croftcreations.ca). Should be fun. :)

The featured image was originally inspired by the story, but I never carved out the time to take if further. Done in watercolor, using various real life photo references blended together.

All the best!
Adrian.

0 comments