SCBWI Canada East Blog

October 27, 2016

12:16 PM 0
October is full of events for us creative types. This year I participated in Inktober for the first time. My goal was to become comfortable with a dip pen and to experiment with different colour ink lines - both things I would like to incorporate into my illustration style. 



I also participated in Dani Duck's Smart Dummies. I didn't have time to complete my dummy in one month but I did get a great start on it. 

Of course I couldn't resist entering Susanna Hill's Halloweensie contest. I volunteered to do storytime at my children's schools so I could share my Halloweensie poems and a related craft. (Yes poems - I wrote two and then translated both so I could share with my child's class.) I may be biased but it's an awesome craft (a pet ghost) and was a huge hit with the kids. I hope you'll pop over my blog to check it out. 

I'd also love to hear what you've been up to this month.




0 comments